JUNGLE BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS
Go Diego Go Games & Fun Stuff
- Say Click, Take A Pic - Purchase a disposable camera for each guest & have them take pictures of things around your home & yard ( bugs , friends, etc.) Have them say ' Click ' as they take pictures. Let each guest take the cameras home and when they get them developed they will have a great memory of the party
- Animal Charades ~ Write out enough animals that each child will have at least one to imitate. Have them pick an animal ( without peeking ) and then have them act it out - whoever guesses the animal can win a small prize or be the next to go
- Musical Trees - Play this just like musical chairs ( but make paper trees out of construction paper and set them on the gound ) , play jungle sounds during this game
- Treasure Hunt - This one is so much fun but takes a bit more effort to set up. You will need to think up about 10 clues - each clue will lead the players to the next clue The kids can all work together as a team for this one - try to make your clues tricky so that they really have to think to figure it out. Have the final clue lead to a treasure box filled with dollar store goodies for the guests to split up
- Treasure Hunt For Younger Kids - Have the kids dig in the sand for some buried treasure. Just bury some fun dollar store items in your sandbox , provide some shovels & pails and let them dig away
Before the party, write the names
of jungle animals on several
3x5 cards; monkey, lion, elephant
To play, tape the cards onto the
kids backs, so that they cannot see
their own animal. The object of
the game is to identify who is on
your back, by asking yes/no
questions of the other players.
Do I have a tail? Do I climb in
trees? Do I roar?
- Steal The Parrot ~ Make copies of a picture of a parrot - one for each party guest. Use velcro on the backs of each parrot and on each child’s back. The game begins when the children attempt to take the parrot off of each others backs without losing their own parrot.
While music is playing, kids try to
take and protect their
parrots.When the music stops,
any child without a parrot is out.
The rounds continue until the last
two children with parrots win!
- Dora's Animal Guessing Game ~ Print this out for free here
- Centipede Run ~ Try a centipede run where all guests are divided into two teams. The teams line up with everyone holding the person in front of them around the waist. Have the teams then run around a small obstacle course track without breaking apart.
- Pin The Banana On The Monkey ~ Play it just like pin the tail on the monkey but the children have to pin the banana to the monkey's mouth ~ I printed out this monkey graphic from my computer and enlarged it , then printed out bananas with each guests name on it
This site is totally free for you to use - I hope you like it and have lots of fun here...If you like this site please consider making a donation to keep it up & running...
Decorate your house ( inside and/or outside ) to look like a jungle. The key is LOTS of green streamers & green balloons ( for my daughter's party I used aprox. 20 rolls - see photos below ). You can also hang up a bunch of stuffed animals ( snakes , monkeys, lions etc ) . How about making a waterfall ? Use about 3 - 4 rolls of blue streamers and hang them straight down from ceiling to floor. You could also build a cave for the kids to play in ( use some giant cardboard boxes and decorate with fake vines , snakes etc ) Kids love this and will spend a lot of time hiding out in the cave. ( I built one for my daughters birthday and it was the biggest hit of the party )
Here are some pictures from the party I had for my daughter to give you some further inspiration
WATERFALL ( made by hanging blue streamers - about 4 rolls from the ceiling ) The kids had a blast racing through this
My Jungle Basement - I covered up furniture & bookshelves with cheap green tableclothes ( you can get them at the dollar store ), I also hung up lots of green balloons, streamers ( different shades of green ) and printed out some jungle trees to hang up. I bought a few blow up monkeys, birds etc and had them hanging around as well as some paper snakes that the kids and I made- it took me a few days to get all the decorating done but it was well worth it - the kids had such fun !
Jungle Cakes & Food
- Make several types of sandwiches - pb & J, Cucumber & Cream Cheese , Cheese Whiz , Ham & Cheese etc. and then cut them out with jungle themed cookie cutters ( monkeys, jaguars, trees, camera, etc )
- Order Pizza , or better yet let the kids get involved and have them make their own pizzas - provide lots of toppings to choose from and be prepared for a mess and a lot of laughs !
* Note : I made this cake for my nephews 1st birthday, it turned out just like the photo but I will warn you that it was VERY frustrating to make ( it uses candy melting wafers to create the trees and leaves ), they kept breaking and it took me hours to complete
- Crocodile Cake ~ This is the cake I made for my daughters jungle party - I used marshmallows for the teeth and eyes. Found on the familyfun.com website
Jungle Graphics & Clipart
Select one craft that best suits your child's interest and age group.
I am very detail oriented and when I have a party - even for a child - I always plan every last detail. Here is my complete party plan for a four hour Go Diego Go Party ( be advised with kids of course the times of games etc. may be longer and/or shorter - so I usually make sure I have at least two extra activities set aside just in case ):
GO DIEGO GO PARTY SCHEDULE
( Party Will Run From 12:00 - 4:00 )
12:25 - 12:45 Lunch
1:20 - 1:35 Cake Time
2:00 - 2:20 Open Gifts
3:15 - 4:00 Free time , snacks , replay any games the kids enjoyed
4:00 Hand Out Goody Bags
4:10 Relax - Leave the Tidying Up For Tomorow !! Hope you had a great time !
Jungle Party Favors
Children always look forward to getting a little goody bag at the end of a party. The possiblities are endless and it really depends on your budget. Check out your local dollar store for some cute items Put them into a cute Diego themed gift bag - or make your own
Here are a few free things you can print out to add to the goody bag:
**DO YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR A BIRTHDAY PARTY ? ENTER OUR CONTEST AND WIN A $10 EBAY GIFT CARD !**