This is a great way to recycle those old broken crayons you have laying around !!
YOU WILL NEED:
8-10 Crayon Pieces
1/4 tsp Vegetable Oil
Non-Stick Muffin Pan
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Preheat oven to 275
2. Remove the labels from crayons ( TIP : To peel the labels from your crayons soak them in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes first )
3. Pour the vegetable oil into a muffin pan cup
4. Add enough crayon pieces to fill one third of the muffin pan cup. ( If you add more crayon pieces they won't melt evenly. If you use fewer pieces, you will get a thin crayon that will break when you use it
5. Put the muffin pan on a baking sheet
6. Bake the crayon pieces in the oven for 4-6 minutes ( they melt quickly so watch them closely )
7. Stir the crayon mixture gently using a toothpick
8. Cool the crayon mixture and pop out the crayon when it's cool.
To make a rainbow crayon, use different colored crayons and stir gently - don't overmix. For a sparkly crayon add 1/4 tsp glitter before stirring.
( Recycle Old Crayons ! )