The Little Mermaid Games & Fun Stuff
- Pin The Fin On Ariel - Print out a big picture of Ariel with legs and draw or print out a large fin for her. Have the kids play it like pin the tail on the donkey
- Pass The Sea Shell - Play this game like Hot Potatoe ( turn your back to the guests -seated in a circle - play music and whenever you stop the music the person with the shell is out - the last person left wins )
- Mermaid Race - Put all of your guests into teams of two , wrap green streamers around one of each of their legs ( so that it is like a three legged race ) , have them race from one marker to another - have a camera handy this one is a blast !
- Scavenger Hunt - Break the kids up into groups of two and have them hunt for treasures on a list that you prepared for them ( make sure they are all underwater type items - for ex. sea shell , shovel , crab , sea weed etc. ) The first team to find all their items wins a big prize - give a consolation prize to all the other players so no one feels left out
- Treasure Hunt - This one is so much fun but takes a bit more effort to set up. You will need to think up about 10 clues - each clue will lead the players to the next clue The kids can all work together as a team for this one - try to make your clues tricky so that they really have to think to figure it out. Have the final clue lead to a treasure box filled with dollar store goodies for the guests to split up
- Treasure Hunt For Younger Kids - Have the kids dig in the sand for some buried treasure. Just bury some fun dollar store items in your sandbox , provide some shovels & pails and let them dig away
- Pool Party - If you have a pool a Little Mermaid party would be great in a pool.
- Fish Pinata - Make your own here
- The Limbo - Play music from the Little Mermaid soundtrack ( or download some music from online ) and do the limbo !
ARIEL ( THE LITTLE MERMAID ) BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS
This site is totally free for you to use - I hope you like it and have lots of fun here...If you like this site please consider making a donation to keep it up & running...
Little Mermaid Printables
The Little Mermiad Invitations
The Little Mermaid Decorations
An underwater theme is obvious here - use lots of blue streamers ( and some green for seaweed ). Also lots of blue balloons for bubbles ( or clear if you can find them ). Put out all of your childs underwater toys ( you can also purchase some really cute stuff at the dollar store like blow up sharks , turtles etc. ). Hang up a fishing net ( see a photo of this decoration on my Spongebob birthday page ) Fill the net with sea shells , star fish , blow up sea creatures etc. Print out some Ariel coloring pages from this site and hang them up around the house. Or you can use the sites clip-art. Hang up some Christmas lights ( green & blue would be great ! ). Make some paper fish & sea creatures and hang them around too - get creative , the kids will love it.
The Little Mermaid Cakes & Food
- Serve Goldfish Crackers for snacks
- Serve Food in Fish Shaped Dishes
- Make several types of sandwiches - pb & J, Cucumber & Cream Cheese , Cheese Whiz , Ham & Cheese etc. and then cut them out with sea creature cookie cutters ( like for ex. sea shells , mermaids , star fish , fish etc. )
The Little Mermaid Graphics & Clipart
The Little Mermaid Crafts
Select one craft that best suits your child's interest and age group.
2 Tbsp vegetable shortening (like Crisco)
1 Tbsp pre-sweetened Kool-Aid mix, any flavor
Mix together in microwave safe bowl and heat on HIGH 15 seconds at a time, until melted. Pour into small containers and refrigerate 45 minutes. (You can get those clear round plastic containers with screwtop lids at Michaels. I think they each hold about 2 ounces, and they are usually near the paint section.) Caution: This is for glossy lips only. This will not provide any protection from the sun at all.
1 cup aloe vera gel
Fine polyester glitter (any color, available at most craft stores)
One small cosmetic travel container for each girl~the kind you would
put hand cream in with a screw top.
Instructions: Fill the containers 1/4 full with aloe gel.
Pour a small amount of glitter in the container. Provide wood craft sticks or plastic coffee stir straws to the girls for mixing. Add more gel until the mix is complete. Close the lid. Decorate sticker labels with gel pens and attach to each container.
Have the kids make their own jewelry - necklaces , rings , bracelets or whatever - lots of great craft supplies for this can be found at your local dollar store.
- Underwater Art - Draw a picture with wax crayon on white paper, then paint over with light blue watercolor paint. It looks just like a scene under the sea
I am very detail oriented and when I have a party - even for a child - I always plan every last detail. Here is my complete party plan for a four hour Little Mermaid Party ( be advised with kids of course the times of games etc. may be longer and/or shorter - so I usually make sure I have at least two extra activities set aside just in case ):
LITTLE MERMAID PARTY SCHEDULE
( Party Will Run From 12:00 - 4:00 )
12:15 - 12:35 Lunch
1:20 - 1:35 Cake Time
2:00 - 2:20 Open Gifts
3:15 - 4:00 Free time , snacks , replay any games the kids enjoyed
4:00 Hand Out Goody Bags
4:10 Relax - Leave the Tidying Up For Tomorow !! Hope you had a great time !
**DO YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR A BIRTHDAY PARTY ? ENTER OUR CONTEST AND WIN A $10 EBAY GIFT CARD !**